12.13.2010

weighty times

Sigh. Life is so difficult sometimes, for so many people. You know, I sit here and think about my world and my problems. And, let’s be honest, sometimes I wallow a little. Flying to NY was difficult last week - the seats were constrictive, and I wasn’t super thrilled with being stuck on the runway for almost two hours - TWICE! - in planes that were packed to the gills with people.

But then I came home to find that the brother of one of my dear friends had been killed in a car accident, and I can’t even imagine her grief. It tears at my heart to even breathe the thought of being in her position.

And another friend is trapped in a body that has begun to fail him because of the MS that he’s been carrying in his system for nine years - and he’s just an amazing person with so much life and energy that it’s hard for him to be in this position.

We all carry the weight of our souls with us; I forget, sometimes, just how heavy that can be.

1 comments:

sigh... depressing... will we ever be strong enough to endure all the world's heartache? hang in there :)
 

Post a Comment